Sunday, April 27, 2014

lots of life changes... the good kind!


It’s been a very busy few weeks in our house. So let’s start at the very beginning, a very good place to start (I’m sorry, I just couldn’t help myself). My husband had been with the same company for about 9 years when he was offered a new job and after a lot of talking, praying, talking, and more praying, he accepted the new position. Since starting the job the mood in our house has lightened quite a bit. Now, that could have something to do with the fact that Hubby and I went away with our friends for a long weekend of rest and relaxation in Gatlinburg. The cabin we stayed in was beautiful and slept 8 people very comfortably. The family that we rented from was so accommodating and helpful. We all agreed we would stay there again. Here is the link if anyone is interested. Awesome Cabin

Right before the job change and the vacation I hit my 30 pound mark!! HURRAY!! I have lost 30 pounds and over 27 inches all over my body. Because I hit my 30 pound mark I made the decision to eat what I wanted while on vacation (4 days). By day two I decided to get back on the wagon. My stomach was in terrible shape. I was not used to the amount of sugar I was suddenly taking in or the amount of food. After the second day I upped the amount of water was drinking then proceeded to get my cardio in (2 full days of outlet shopping). I was so ready to get back to my normal eating schedule. Since getting back from vacation I have lost 4 more pounds making a grand total of 34 lost!! I haven’t done my measurements in a while but I was able to purchase some new clothes that were 1 or 2 sizes smaller than what I was wearing before. I’m also fitting into clothes that I haven’t worn since way before I was pregnant with Baby Boy.

In other news, my best friend got engaged!! My BFF has been dating the most wonderful man for a little over a year now and on their one year anniversary he proposed!! I am so very excited to be a part of that wedding and their special day. Just one more reason to stay motivated to keep those pounds coming off.

In other “other news”, because of Hubby’s new job we are now able to seriously begin the process of looking for a new home. Baby Boy isn’t so much a baby anymore (in the process of potty training, more on that next time) and if we ever want to give him a sibling, we must be in a bigger home first. Let the search begin!

With three weddings in the next calendar year plus the possibility of moving into a new home we will be one very busy family. Now that things have slowed down for a bit I will be able to update weekly again. Until next time,

sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment