Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My Tuesday Friends

Okay... so quite a bit has happened since I last wrote a post.

Things that I accomplished (on the list):
Annihilated the Laundry Monster.
Made awesome apple butter.
Made unimpressive but still delicious cherry pie.
Bought new jammies for Baby Boy
Finished all Hospital work by my last day (which was yesterday).

Things I accomplished (not on the list):
Organized pantry and kitchen cabinets (it sounds way less impressive than it is).
Purchased a Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden membership (will be going tomorrow with Baby Boy and my mama).

My Last Day of Work
My last day at work was very bitter sweet. I said goodbye to a couple of the families that I worked with this summer. My boss took me out to lunch to a wonderful little German Restaurant  in Cincinnati. It was so nice to talk to her about non-work things and the more we talked about motherhood and having to split time between home and work the more I was happy about my decision to stay home.

The Tuesday Crew
Going out to eat on Tuesday nights has become a ritual for our small group of friends. It started back before Chris and I got married. Some Hanover College friends and I started attending Pub Trivia at a local Irish Pub. With only three or four people from Hanover our team name was "We have our B.A.'s and we don't know B.S.". Once my husband joined the team we had to change the name (since he did have his B.S.). After that, the team grew to include other friends that we knew from high school, friends from work, and anyone who we thought would bring up the team's collective I.Q. We went to trivia for about 2 years, every Tuesday. Then our two favorite servers told us they were leaving. With no desire to get to know new servers, “Try New Things Tuesday” was born. We pick a new place or new activity every Tuesday and if you can make it, great. If you can’t attend, then you have no vote where we go next week.
These people that I affectionately call my Tuesday Crew have grown to be a very important part of our life. We celebrate new jobs, graduations, birthdays, new apartments, new boyfriends/girlfriends and anything else that is worth celebrating. We also are there for each other when a beer with friends will be the only silver lining to one hell of a day. I feel so lucky to call these wonderful people my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment