Thursday, August 9, 2012

it starts...

So… here I am, about to embark on an adventure unlike any other I have ever faced.
As of August 21, 2012, I will be the newest Stay-At-Home-Mom on the block!

::cheers of applause::gasps of shock::

With the support of my wonderful husband and love for my beautiful son, I have decided that raising my family and being an active part of our life is far more important than any job I could have outside the home. It has taken a lot of thought, consideration, smiles, tears, and prayers to come to this conclusion. If you think I’m outside my mind (as true as that may be) please keep it to yourself. There is no going back now, and I’m facing this life change with arms open and a big smile on my face.

A little about me…

Chris and I on our honeymoon, in New England (this is one of my favorite pictures).


Name: Sarah T
Location: Cincinnati, OH
School/Degree: Hanover College (Hanover, IN) Psychology
Loves: my family, my church, my friends, my music, theatre, baseball (particularly the Cincinnati Reds), manicures, Charlie Brown, shopping, baking, singing, talking, wine, and honey whiskey
Dislikes: putting away laundry, gardening, monkeys, toffee, chaos, bad/weird music, chipped nail polish, slasher movies, and hiking

My Peeps:
I mentioned my wonderful husband, Christopher. We met in high school (didn’t date till college). We have been married almost 3 years.  He is very tech savvy and a self-proclaimed beverage snob (beer, wine, liquor, coffee, you name it). He loves the outdoors, camping, Frisbee golf, and all things electronic (even his toothbrush has batteries).

Isn't he the cutest thing you've ever seen??? (Photo curtesy of Perfect Image Photography)


My beautiful baby boy, Ezra, will be one year old in October. He loves to make noise, attempt to sneak into the bathroom, eat puffs, climb Mt. Daddy, squeal, and occasionally watch Veggie Tales. He’s an awesome sleeper, okay, eater, and the best little boy in my life.

Top 5 reasons I'm writing this blog:
1.       I need an outlet. If I can’t tell my office mates about the funny things my son did, the cool Pinterest craft I made, the delicious wine Chris bought, and all my other funnies that happen in and out of my house then I need to tell you.  
2.       Chris and I have quite a few, very loved, friends and family members who don’t live near us and have missed out on the first 10 months of Ezra’s life. We want them to be a part of our life and our family a part of theirs.
3.       I’ll need something to drive me and keep me accountable so I don’t waste all my time pinning ideas about organization, craft projects, and recipes and actually do them.
4.       A record of my time home with my son. I plan on going back to work eventually and when I do enter the work force again I want to look back fondly on my time at home and remember the details that will make me smile.
5.       I enjoy telling stories (as my family and friends like to remind me, sometimes I tell them two or three times).


Well that's it... my first blog post. ::check::
Wish me luck, I'm going to need it.

~Sarah  

1 comment:

  1. Sarah! Amy from Australia here. I look forward to reading your blogs. :-) Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete