Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Setting the Routine


*I would like to preface this blog post with a fact. This post has taken me 4 weeks to write (because let’s face it, it took me that long to get used to being home with a very busy little boy).

Things have really come together the past  two  four  six weeks. The house is staying clean, dinner is ready when Chris gets home and Baby Boy is having a great time at home with Mama (although his recent attachment issues will soon need to be addressed). We have established a routine that is simple and pretty easy to maintain.

Things we have done in the past 6 weeks:

-Gone to the Zoo (at least once a week so far). We will take you too!

-Multiple walks around the neighborhood and to the park

-Celebrated our third wedding anniversary with a night in  downtown Cincy. We ate at Rock Bottom Brewery, stayed at the Millennium Hotel and celebrated our city’s German heritage at Oktoberfest.

-Planned a trip with my parents to Tennessee in November.

-Planning the most wonderful 1st Birthday party a little boy could ever have.


Where has the time gone? I feel like just a few weeks ago we brought Ezra home from the hospital and now in less than a week he will turn a year old. He is so close to walking and has three teeth. We will have our 1 year checkup in about 2 weeks and I can’t wait to see how much he’s grown. He is definitely heavier and taller than he was at his 9 month appointment but really I can’t even begin to guess how much bigger he is now.  He has developed quite the personality and likes to do things that make people laugh. 

*My husband suggested that all the funny texts/stories  I send him during the day would be nice addition to my posts. So. Here. You. Go.

“I just watched our son dump his breakfast on the floor. I didn’t say anything then he noticed that I saw him and he moved his hand really fast like ‘I didn’t just do that’ and gave me the Tyo grin with the Blanton eyes and I realized that we are in a whole lot of trouble.”

“Every time I pick up the phone and bring it to my face the baby crawls up and yells ‘Dada’ into the phone.”

“I closed the bathroom door to keep the baby out but I had left the light on. Ezra crawled up to the door, stood himself up, pounded on the door and yelled ‘dadadada’.”

Ezra may have become very attached to his Mama in the past six weeks, but he loves his Daddy and whenever there is a chance he can see Daddy or hear Daddy’s voice, he takes advantage of it. 

My little boy is beginning to develop quite the personality. I can't wait to see the kid he becomes. 

<3 Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment